Profession tax is the tax levied and collected by the state governments in India. It is a indirect tax. A person earning an income from salary or anyone practicing a profession such as chartered accountant, company secretary, lawyer, doctor etc. are required to pay this professional tax.
This registration is mandatory for business whether they employ any people in employment or not. For GST, yes you are liable to file nil return even if there is no business.
|State||Income per Month||Tax Rate/Tax Amount (per month)|
|Karnataka||Up to Rs. 15,000||Nil|
|Rs. 15,001 onwards||Rs. 200|
|Kerala (Half yearly income slabs and half yearly tax payment)||Up to Rs.11,999||Nil|
|Rs.12,000 to Rs.17,999||Rs.120|
- Address proof of establishment. …
- Address proof of partners, proprietor or directors as applicable. …
- PAN of partners, proprietors and directors as applicable.
- Photo of partners, proprietors and directors as applicable.
- Salary details of employees.
- Financial statements of the establishment.